RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-24 r117559: Fix bug #18636 with documentation of

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-24 r117559: Fix bug #18636 with documentation of multi-monitor displays.
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 13:16:59 -0700 (PDT)

BTW, what is the reason for the order we have among the `geometry'
and `workarea' components?  Why not use the same order as for the
X Window `geometry' spec?

X Window `geometry': -geometry WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF
Emacs `geometry': X Y WIDTH HEIGHT

I presume that the component values are the same for Emacs as for
the X Window spec (are they exactly the same things?), but we
start with X(OFF) and Y(OFF) instead of WIDTH and HEIGHT.