Re: Non-ASCII chars in quail rules

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Non-ASCII chars in quail rules
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 08:38:24 -0400

> (Indeed, input-method-function seems to be restricted to passing along
> information about printable ASCII (or at least, it documents itself
> as only dealing with octal 040 to 0176), and directly via
> read-char/read-event.)

There's no doubt that it won't work for function keys under a tty
(where those function keys are transmitted as "escape sequences", which
Emacs translated back into "function key" via input-decode-map which
happens *after* input decoding).

Maybe it could be made to work for that case as well, but for now
I think we should focus on the GUI case, where those problems
shouldn't appear.

> I think I'll dig at it for a while longer.

Do you have a recipe to reproduce your current problem?

        Stefan