Re: over-engineered (and under-standardized) inferior interfaces

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: over-engineered (and under-standardized) inferior interfaces
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:06:49 -0400

> * Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> [2014-08-21 22:43:19 +0200]:
>
> Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> However, sometimes the way I connect is more convoluted, e.g., I need
>> to ssh to server, then sudo to the right user, only then invoke a
>> command.
>
> Can this be done via Tramp?

No - I also need sudo after ssh.

Without sudo - yes, but why do I need to do this in such a roundabout way?!
I have a working command line which I tested in a shell window.
Why do I need to jump through hoops to get emacs execute it?

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1265
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://truepeace.org http://pmw.org.il