Re: OT: Quick Lego Survey

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: OT: Quick Lego Survey
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 09:37:11 +0200

John Yates <address@hidden> writes:

>> ... even if your mum and dad dit not have money to buy much Lego.
>
> I mentioned earlier that my childhood predated Lego and that instead I
> played with AC Gilbert Erector Set
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erector_Set>.

Haha, "Boys today, /men tomorrow/"!  (Reads if there was a parental
advisory on the back mentioning "Don't give to girls!").

Back to the original question: yes, I've played with LEGO (and LEGO
Technic later).  But at least here in Germany that's probably the most
common toy after teddy bears, so I wouldn't look for some correlation
between playing LEGO and becoming a hacker or engineer.

Bye,
Tassilo