Re: Emacs as WM

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs as WM
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 23:15:23 -0400

    > I'd like Emacs to do word processing

    I like LaTeX (and its Emacs support packages) for that.

Word processing is what LibreOffice does.  It means you see the
formatted text, edit the formatted text, and save the formatted text
in a format such as ODF.

    > and be able to share documents with other users through
    > a P2P mechanism.

    Not sue what you mean by that.  If you mean "on the fly", GNU ELPA has
    Rudel which lets you share the contents of a buffer between different
    Emacs sessions via TCP connections.

Maybe that does the job I have in mind.  That is nice.  Can you email
me its docs?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation