elisp way to deal with gziped content?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: elisp way to deal with gziped content?
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 22:21:20 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Someone has proposed a patch to vimgolf.el which replaces the use of
url.el with requests.el. The reason is that url.el doesn't decompress
gzipped content automatically while requests.el does.

I'm assuming given that requests.el shells out to curl to get the job
done that Emacs has no way of natively gunzipping content, but I'd
love to be told that I'm wrong. I'd like Vimgolf to entirely rely on
emacs builtins so that it works seamlessly for our Windows friends.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://blog.twonegatives.com/