Re: icalendar-real-world test sometimes fails

From: Ulf Jasper
Subject: Re: icalendar-real-world test sometimes fails
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:14:57 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> On hydra (which runs automated builds), the icalendar-real-world
> sometimes fails. See eg:
>
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/12699658/log/raw
>
> At first glance, it seems like the problem is that the output sometimes
> has a "# coding: utf-8" header, and sometimes it does not.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem.  But I agree that the "#
coding..." thing appears to be causing the failure.

> Any ideas on how to make this test more robust?

I'm wondering why the test fails "sometimes".  Does that really mean
that the test finishes successfully one day but fails the next day?

In any case I would prefer to fix the root cause instead of modifying
the test case.  The "# coding..."  should not get inserted into the
diary file, should it?  Where does it come from?