Re: Status of trunk

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Status of trunk
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:53:19 -0700

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bill Wohler wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing that the current policy is that emacs-24 is used for 24.4
> > fixes,
>
> Yes.
>
> >  which are later merged to trunk by Glenn,
>
> (By anyone who feels like it, but often no-one seems to feel like it.)
>
> > and that trunk is open for business.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Also, we have a couple of MH-E bugs on SourceForge related to
> > compatibility with new nmh releases (1.5 and more recently 1.6). Would
> > these qualify for checking in on the emacs-24 branch?
>
> Not up to me, but showing the diff (it is not huge) would help to answer that.
>
> Technically speaking, no; ref:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-05/msg00309.html
>
> but if the changes are simple, probably yes. (But again, not up to me.)

Thanks, Glenn!

In that case, perhaps checking changes into trunk, submitting the patch
for review, and merging it into emacs-24 if accepted (so you don't need
to get involved :-) might be a good policy in the short term. Would you
agree?

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/