Re: improving the gnugol web search tool's emacs integration

From: John Sturdy
Subject: Re: improving the gnugol web search tool's emacs integration
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:25:55 +0000 (UTC)

Dave Taht <dave.taht <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Ages ago I wrote a tool for using various search engines, called
> gnugol, which uses the json apis published by various web sites
> (google, bing, stackoverflow) to obtain a search result, and
> outputs the result in a variety of formats, notably org-mode.
>
> It's at:
>
> https://github.com/dtaht/Gnugol
>
> it is agplv3 licensed, and uses the libjanson json library.
>
> I would rather like to improve the emacs integration support, notably
> being able to log the search history instead of losing it in a buffer.
>
> ... but my emacs-foo is very limited. What I have working is at:
>
> https://raw.github.com/dtaht/Gnugol/master/src/lisp/gnugol.el
>
> there are numerous other fixmes in the code. At some point I'd
> like to have something good enough to put in elpa, but lacking foo...
>
> anyone ever tried gnugol? got some spare foo?

Dave, I've tried gnugol, and like it, and so I added some more elisp (I
think I mailed it to you at the time, and didn't hear back).

You can fetch it from
https://github.com/hillwithsmallfields/JCGS-emacs/blob/master/webstuff/gnugol.el

It adds a major mode (derived from org-mode) with its own key-bindings.

__John