Re: Please don't obsolete "crisp.el"

From: Luke Lee
Subject: Re: Please don't obsolete "crisp.el"
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 13:01:37 +0800

I would be glad to be the maintainer of crisp mode, what is the
correct process to move crisp.el to ELPA?
a) about Emacs trunk: Should I keep the crisp.el in obsolete/,
or just move it into ELPA?
b) about ELPA, should I copy the crisp.el from Emacs/obsolete/,
or just install a new one?
c) Aside from crisp.el itself, what other files should I change for
both Emacs and ELPA?
d) Where should ELPA package review submits goes? The
same as Emacs or?

Thanks!

> If you are willing to make yourself the maintainer, feel free to move it
> back out from obsolete/, and remove the Obsolete-Since header and the
> associated NEWS entry.
> This seems like another thing that could/should be moved to GNU Elpa (if
> that's a thing that's on the cards now; cf recent landmark discussion).

Indeed, another option is to move it to GNU ELPA.  I think use of GNU
ELPA for such packages which are used by a fairly small fraction of
users makes a lot of sense.

        Stefan

--
Best regards,