Re: Doc View Page Problems

From: Ian D
Subject: Re: Doc View Page Problems
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:01:20 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Wouldn't it be better to do that directly inside image-mode-window-put?
>>         I used `image-mode-window-get' because that was what was being
>>         used through most of the document (including the line above
>>         it).  It could just as easily be (image-mode-window-put 'page
>>         page t).
>
> No, I really meant to do it *inside* image-mode-window-put, not to use
> image-mode-window-put instead of setf'ing image-mode-window-get.

        Ah.  I think (with my limited knowledge of the Emacs code base)
        that it might be possible.  It looks like (with a quick
        recursive grep) that only DocView uses `image-mode-window-put'
        and `image-mode-window-get'.

        Since image-mode sets up the `t' entry itself, it could be
        possible to continuously update this every time another entry is
        updated, if that's what you're suggesting.  For example, when
        'page is updated, have `image-mode-window-put' update the page
        in the `t' entry as well.

        Is this what you are suggesting?  If so, that shouldn't be too
        much of a problem.

Ian D