Re: The state of PHP support in Semantic?

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: The state of PHP support in Semantic?
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 22:30:36 -0400

On 04/04/2014 03:45 AM, steckerhalter wrote:
 > I just want to understand, does Semantic supports PHP or not?

I had it setup with with wisent-php. It does work but it cannot handle
the syntax of newer versions of PHP. Also what it deduced from the file
seemed to pretty little. It's not really usable in the current state
IMO. So unless someone picks it up and puts work into it: the state is bad.

If someone is interested in providing PHP support, please understand that the code in contrib/wisent-php was written by someone who did not want it attributed to them, and could not sign papers for it. That is why it is in the CEDET "contrib" area where I've kept such software separate.

In order to add php support to Semantic, etc it is better to start from scratch so it can be properly integrated into Emacs.

Thanks
Eric