Re: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 03:01:31 +0200

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 1:24 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     But the tools I was writing about is part of Google Chromium
>     (http://www.chromium.org/).
>
> I guess that is free software, but has some drawbacks in how it is
> maintained, because Chrome is nonfree.

I think what Google is doing there is very good. They are integrating
the browser, editing tools, structural view and editing, browser
parsers etc.

This integrating makes it possible to make a much more powerful UI (in
this case, I mean). That is why I wanted people to have a look at it.
(And I guess Brackets was abandon because it lacks this possibility.)

Integrating is a very hard game, but necessary to compete here. I
think it would be nice to have an Emacs window there inside Chrome,
but the way to achieve that is not very short currently.