Re: State of the repository conversion

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: State of the repository conversion
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 05:25:22 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> E.g., the way we merge from the release branch is due
> to the fact that bzr doesn't track cherry-picks.  Git does.

No, it doesn't.

Which reminds me of a comment I made long time ago: applying fixes on
the maintenance branch and then cherry-picking them into the development
branch lowers the quality of the history of the development branch,
which is the everlasting one, while the maintenance branch will
eventually freeze and become almost irrelevant.