Re: SQLite interface

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: SQLite interface
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 16:00:52 +0100

* Kenneth Raeburn:

> I suppose using SELECT QUOTE(CAST (column AS BLOB)) ... and INSERT
> ... CAST(X'010203' AS TEXT), passing values as hexadecimal, would be
> horribly intrusive when writing the queries and processing the
> results, but is there more than that needed to use the command line
> client?

It would require parsing the queries and rewriting them.

I don't know yet how horrid the Emacs C internals are, but I'm pretty
sure it cannot be that bad, and it's easier to write something in C
now (and throw it away once the FFI arrives) than to implement two
sides of an IPC mechanism and all the query and result set massaging.