Re: tramp.el: remote processes and password-cache

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp.el: remote processes and password-cache
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:03:18 +0100

Mario Lang <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi.

Hi Mario,

> However, I get the
> feeling this piece of code used to do something useful.  All I can tell
> from here is that removing it solves a bug I observe.  I'd actually like
> to see `password-cache-expiry' to be taken into account for remote
> processes.

This code is intented to give you a chance to reenter a password, when
you have mistyped it. And yes, it is unfortune that it forces you to
enter the password for other remote processes, again.

I'll check what could be done. Simply removing this code, and hoping
that the `tramp-clear-passwd' call in `tramp-process-actions' would do
the job, does not work. So we need to rearrange the code for that purpose.

Will check.

Best regards, Michael.