Re: Git transition checklist

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: Re: Git transition checklist
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 02:23:34 +0100

On Wednesday 08 January 2014 19:54:11 James Cloos wrote:
> AS> For those who use openSUSE, it's available as the git-merge-changelog
> AS> package.  I don't know about other distributions.
>
> It was just added to Gentoo in the last week or so.
>
> I don't see it in debian sid or ubuntu trusty.

I've created a bug report about adding it to git-extras on Debian (and
consequently Ubuntu).  I haven't heard anything back so far.

But I think it would make more sense to move those scripts (git-merge-
changelog and gitlog-to-changelog) into git's contrib.  That way they would be
more easy to discover, included in many distributions, and developed alongside
git.

Regards
Rüdiger