Re: enabling company-capf support in cfengine.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: enabling company-capf support in cfengine.el
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 02:17:35 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyhow, right now I do this in `cfengine3-mode':
>
> #+begin_src lisp
>   (add-hook 'completion-at-point-functions
>             #'cfengine3-completion-function nil t)
> #+end_src
>
> Is that enough?  I can recommend to users that they should enable the
> `company-capf' backend in the cfengine.el docs, if so.

Should be. As long as you can't (or don't indend to) support the more
advanced features, such as showing candidate signature (when it's a
function), its definition and documentation. No idea if any of that is
even applicable to CFEngine.

But you also might want to wait until the next Company version is
released, and then only ask users to install it, without having to
change the list of backends.