Re: Fontifying outside of region passed to registered JIT lock function

From: Barry OReilly
Subject: Re: Fontifying outside of region passed to registered JIT lock function
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 15:59:40 -0500

Thank you for your help and ideas.

> 2- Change your highlighting scheme so that the face is placed
>    somewhere inside the region.  E.g. highlight the space before "c"
>    instead of the open paren: highlighting always the parens makes
>    it sound like you assume the indentation is right, whereas the
>    error may be in the indentation.  So we can highlight either of
>    them.

I considered that, and I'm not against either highlighting parens or
the indentation. I chose to hack the former case because I couldn't
think of a pleasing way to highlight the indentation. For example:
what to highlight when c is against the left margin? Is there a way to
put something visual in between characters? Like a colored dot or
little line?