Re: Apropos emacs-intl-fonts & https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHebrew

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Apropos emacs-intl-fonts & https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHebrew
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 22:47:48 +0200

> From: Jambunathan K <address@hidden>
> Cc: Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 02:14:55 +0530
>
> Btw, speaking of "Hello David" table, I though the solution would
> involve a directional override whereby English words are forced to
> behave as though they are Hebrew words.

Again, a directional override causes English _characters_ to behave as
if they were Arabic or Hebrew characters.  That is not what you want
in this case.

The ELisp manual describes the methods to achieve what you want:
affect the relative layout of words, without changing how each word is
displayed by itself.