emacs freezes - how to troubleshoot, build with assertions

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: emacs freezes - how to troubleshoot, build with assertions
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 13:22:23 +0100

Emacs freezes when using scroll bar with mouse. I'd like to pin it down, but I can't see a starting place. Tried searching info for "assert" and "freez", searched "configure" options for "ass". Still no idea how to debug it. I guess I have to build Emacs with assertions.

I am a bit frustrated when I have to ask the list because I can't find the starting point. Is the info hidden somewhere or absent at all? If this is absent, could you please put it somewhere?

Thanks,
Jarek