Re: using GnuTLS 3.x and certificate checks

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: using GnuTLS 3.x and certificate checks
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 19:37:36 -0400

Ted Zlatanov wrote:

>  echo "  Does Emacs use -lgnutls?
> ${HAVE_GNUTLS}"
> +echo "  Does Emacs use -lgnutls v3 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)?
> ${HAVE_GNUTLS3}"

I dislike that message appearing there, plus it's misleading (in that I
guess you meant: if you are using Emacs with GnuTLS, then V3 is highly
recommended; rather than: everybody using Emacs for anything is strongly
recommended to build it with GnuTLS v3).

If you really feel strongly about it, how about ignoring (with a warning
at detection time) GnuTLS < 3 unless "--with-old-gnutls" (or somesuch)
is explicitly specified?