Re: Changes in revision 114466

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Changes in revision 114466
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 13:57:52 +0900

 > On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

 > What we might want/need (I have proposed this several times, and so have
 > others) is linking from doc strings to the manuals.  That would indeed be
 > useful, IMO.  It would provide missing glue, as you put it.
 >
 > There are a very few doc strings, IIRC, that actually do this.  It would
 > be good to generalize it, or at least make use of it more.

XEmacs has `Info-elisp-ref' which jumps to the Elisp manual entry for
a function, defaulting to the function at point.  Add a fallback to
the current docstring's function, and you're most of the way there
(the problem being that I-e-r currently doesn't know how to check
other manuals than the Lispref).