Re: gdb "command" broken with -mi

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gdb "command" broken with -mi
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:49:10 +0300

> Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 11:03:51 -0400
> From: Ryan Johnson <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> The STC is:
> 1. gcc -g -ostc -xc <(echo "int main() { return 0; }")
> 2. Fire up emacs M-x gdb and point it at stc
> 3. b main
> 4. comm 1
> > Reading symbols from /home/Ryan/experiments/a.exe...done.
> > (gdb) b main
> > Breakpoint 1 at 0x1004010dd: file stc.c, line 2.
> > (gdb) comm 1
> > Type commands for breakpoint(s) 1, one per line.
> > End with a line saying just "end".
> > >p $pc
> > >end
> > >

> > >  C-c C-cQuit
> > (gdb)
>
> If it's fixed in later versions, though, maybe Ken's (hopefully
> soon-arriving) cygwin package update that fixes the stack overflow
> problem will also pick up this fix.

v24.3 should have the fix.  This works for me on Windows (in a native
build) and on GNU/Linux, so this could be something specific to Cygwin
or to your system.

Some things to try:

  . Once you enter GDB, type "set interactive-mode off" before any
    other GDB command, and see if that solves the problem.

  . Try a different version of GDB, especially if you are using some
    development snapshot.

  . Make sure your gdb-mi.el has a variable named gdb-control-level
    (this was part of solving the problem).  Also, make sure you don't
    have some old gdb-mi.el shadowing the one in v24.3.