Re: Simple lisp-tests.el and commit privs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Simple lisp-tests.el and commit privs
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 01:23:42 -0400

>>> It looks like the test/indent tests are only good for null-diff
>>> general indentation rules.
>> What makes you think so?
> When the diff outputs differences (ie a non null-diff), how does the
> current test/indent distinguish expected from unexpected? If there
> was a test/indent/ruby.rb.expected file (for example), then I could
> see how it could do so: 'diff ruby.rb.expected ruby.rb.new' returns
> nothing.

Oh, you're referring to known indentation problems, where you want to
have the test but have it be marked as "expected".

Yes, that's currently not really supported: I try to put "FIXME" on
the corresponding lines, but very often an incorrect indentation on one
line impact subsequent lines as well, so not only does the "diff" not
care about those FIXME markers, but you can get false positives or false
negatives to boot.

        Stefan