Re: Replacing linum-mode by nlinum-mode

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Replacing linum-mode by nlinum-mode
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:03:38 +0200

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, AFAIK it's faster and more reliable.

I've never had problems with linum's speed. Nor with reliability,
truth be told; though I know there are a few bug reports about it, so
perhaps I've just been lucky.

But, in any case, a functionality-removing change could only be called
at most a "sidegrade". Also, I seem to remember from the last time we
talked about this, that implementing the missing linum features in
nlinum wasn't exactly trivial, if at all possible.