Re: Cleaning up code

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Cleaning up code
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:17:18 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> If you feel like cleaning up some code, but are not sure where to look,
> try the patch below and then bootstrap Emacs.  That should give you
> enough warnings to keep you busy for a while.

Yay!

However, setting `byte-compile-force-lexical-warnings' to t is too
coarse. For example, Tramp's macro `with-parsed-tramp-file-name'
let-binds several variables "just in case". They are reported as unused
then, on every invocation of that macro.

Is there a way to tell the byte compiler, that these unused declarations
are intended here? Otherwise, I would be swamped with warnings, and I
won't see the real warnings I should care.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.