Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113747: lisp/frameset.el: Convert `frameset' to

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113747: lisp/frameset.el: Convert `frameset' to vector and add new slots.
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 04:12:51 +0200

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> I know we have some offenders, but please try to stick to "foo-p returns
> a boolean".

Why?  It's a CL-style predicate, which returns a "generalized boolean"
(either nil, or anything else). What is the harm in returning the
version?

> Also, this doesn't just test whether it's a frameset or not (which is
> what one expects from "frameset-p") but it does some sanity checks
> as well, something I'd call maybe "frameset-valid-p".

It needs to be called `frameset-p' for cl-typep to work.

If you're suggesting that I split the current frameset-p into a
strict-boolean-returning frameset-p and a more thorough
frameset-valid-p, I can do that, but, what is the gain?