Re: imagemagic in image-mode and image-dired-thumbnail-mode?

From: Vitalie Spinu
Subject: Re: imagemagic in image-mode and image-dired-thumbnail-mode?
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 09:25:22 +0200

Indeed, this is my plan right now. I will keep track of the transforms and stack them in the final call to convert. This way temp files could be avoided with no quality loss, as the transforms are always applied to the original file.

Vitalie.

On Friday, 19 July 2013, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> On the other hand, the user might requests several transforms in a
> sequence, so you will have to store to the file to pass it further to
> 'convert' anyhow. It might also better work on remotes as the file is
> stored on remote machine.

Maybe the API should be made in two parts: one part to build a transform
and then another to apply it to an image, this way you can do "several
transforms in sequence" with a single call to "convert".

        Stefan