Re: "make autoloads" fails

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: "make autoloads" fails
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:59:39 +0200

>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

   > Let's slow down.  The commands you should invoke are, in order:

   >   ./autogen.sh
   >   ./configure --prefix=...
   >   make bootstrap

   > ("make bootstrap" because you already tried to build and failed, so
   > something is not clean in that directory.)

Ok, that was the issue! Now it works.

   > Also, what do you mean by "my actual emacs24 is in
   > prefix=/opt/emacs24" -- is that where you want to install Emacs after
   > building, or is that where the sources are?

   >> Why the hack is he looking in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50

   > Probably because you built it incorrectly.
Ok, the message confused me I thought he was looking for an existing GNU
emacs 24 installation. On Kubuntu I have the official GNU emacs 23 and
Xemacs 21.4, + a compiled Xemacs 21.5.X which is in /usr/local

And for some bizarre reason I cannot have GNU emacs 24 there (etag
conflict, which most likely could be solved, but the simpler solution
was to have GNU emacs 24 in /opt/emacs24)

   > Did you also invoke "make
   > install"?

No.

So I already tried it out and the visual cursor works nicely. I will do
further tests in the coming days and then I report back. I am not sure
what to think about the text selection on a line which has r2l and l2r
text.

Thanks a zillion for this nice work!!!!

Uwe