Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113221: Implement visual-order cursor motion.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113221: Implement visual-order cursor motion.
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:54:50 +0300

> Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 18:24:29 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> > > + (sit-for 0))
> >
> > I think this deserves a comment, because I for one have no idea why
> > it's here.
>
> It's probably my misunderstanding of something.  If I remove sit-for,
> invoking the command with N > 1 causes it to see the value of point
> that is not updated.  That is, if point is at position X and you
> invoke
>
>   C-u 10 <right>
>
> then inside move-point-visually I see on the 2nd or 3rd call that
> point is being reset back to its value before the first call.

I found the reason: it was a bug.  The code moved point by using
information in the current glyph matrix, but did not invalidate the
cursor position info in the matrix, so redisplay would not update the
cursor position; calling sit-for forced a more thorough redisplay and
"fixed" that.

I fixed the code by invalidating the cursor location, and removed the
call to sit-for.