Re: add emms to ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: add emms to ELPA
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:59:13 -0400

> emms is an emacs music player
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emms/
> Since it's already a GNU project, I think all the paperwork is taken
> care of.

As Richard explained, there's no such guarantee, but indeed
copyright.list includes a 16 assignments for EMMS, so it seems very
likely to the paperwork has been taken care of.  Please check with
the maintainer.

> I might have time to include it in ELPA.

It would be great.  The only potential problem is how to keep the `elpa'
code up-to-date.  I.e. either move the focus of development directly in
the `elpa' branch, or get someone to take on the responsability to sync
the two (both ways) on a regular basis.

        Stefan