Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:05:32 +0200

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> Juanma already proposed to use just the default value before maximizing
> the frame.

Yes, I think that's the easiest way to offer a reasonable behavior.

> This problem exists independently from whether we want to save prior
> positions/sizes since usually we do want to at least restore the sizes
> of non-maximized frames.

We do not *want* to restore the sizes, we *must* restore the sizes.
Otherwise, if I have a frame with lots & lots of tiny windows and I
try to restore it in a default-sized frame, restoring will fail for
lack of space or for trying to bypass the safe minimum width/height.
And that's exactly the kind of frame I would be pretty pissed off to
have to rebuild by hand because s&r failed...

>  And in some cases we probably should restore
> the positions too - think of an attached speedbar frame.

As I said in a previous message, "some cases" = "all cases" for me. If
people wants to allow that to be customizable, fine, we can add such
an option.