Re: call for more ert tests

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: call for more ert tests
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:38:57 -0400

David Engster wrote:

> Glenn Morris writes:
>> [2] I think it is a bit embarrassing that the limited test suite that we
>> have has been broken for months, though. Bugs 13064, 13662.
>
> Couldn't we run the test suite automatically on the Hydra server, so
> that this gets reported as a broken build?

I guess so. But since we already know the testsuite is broken (and
haven't done anything about fixing it), we would not immediately gain
anything by this.

Also, hydra builds has been completely broken for weeks. I'm trying to
get it fixed, but it's not clear what the problem is.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/hydra-users/2013-06/msg00014.html

And before it broke we had 4/7 failing builds for a long time, and
no-one seemed very motivated to get them fixed. True, the only real
Emacs issue is the x86_64-darwin one (the rest are hydra problems that
it is hard for us to fix), but I think it reflects the fact that we
don't really seem to care about unit tests that much.