Re: bidi support? (Hebrew)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bidi support? (Hebrew)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:39:53 +0300

> From: Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:16:11 +0200
>
> I just wanted to try out the bidi support in GNU emacs 24.3
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Bidirectional-Editing.html

That's a good start ;-)

> However when I start GNU emacs and make
>
> C-h a
> bidi
>
> No match is found (so no bidi-display-reordering etc)

bidi-display-reordering exists, but is not a user option, which is why
"C-h a" will not show it.  But "M-x apropos-variable RET bidi RET"
should show a couple of hits, and "M-x apropos RET bidi RET" will show
even more.

> Also in the Mule environment I cannot find anything indicating how to
> switch to r2l.
>
> What do I miss?

The support you are looking for is turned on by default.  Just start
typing, and you will see it (there's a slew of hebrew-* input methods
for you to choose from, if you don't have a Hebrew keyboard).