Bzr question about moving and renaming files

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Bzr question about moving and renaming files
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:01:04 +0200

I'm getting close to committing my new version of todo-mode.el (except
for the Texinfo user manual, which will take more time), and want to try
and avoid any unpleasant mistake with bzr, which I'm not all that
experienced with.  I did a test run in my local branch, and had to use
two commits: first, rename calendar/todo-mode.el to
obsolete/otodo-mode.el, commit this, and then add the new version as
calendar/todo-mode.el and commit that.  I had tried adding the new
version before committing the rename, but vc-rename-file errored with
"Please update files before moving them".  Now, when I push my changes
to trunk at Savannah (via my local mirror, which is bound to it), do I
have to replicate this two-step procedure, or can I just do one bzr
commit (or rather `C-c C-c' from the VC log buffer) and that will
install the new version in calendar/, overwriting the old version, and
install the renamed old version in obsolete/?  I'm guessing I have to do
it in two commits, but I'd appreciate confirmation, or, if it is possible
to do it in one commit, a recipe for how to do it.

Steve Berman