Re: Add a paragraph describing a package

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Add a paragraph describing a package
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:57:35 -0600

>>>>> "Ivan" == Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> writes:

Ivan> I am going through all the packages in marmalade and my brain is getting
Ivan> numb.

Ivan> Some packages seem interesting but I can't tell from the one line
Ivan> summary.

Ivan> I feel that it is not giving me enough information. Like the Debian
Ivan> package manager there should be a paragraph giving more details.

Ivan> The paragraph would be displayed when pressing RET on a line in the
Ivan> package list. It would appear next to the 'install' button. It would be,
Ivan> of course, optional.

Ivan> Is there interest for this feature?

This feature already exists, or at least it used to -- I didn't check
recently.

The old uploader code at least would extract the commentary from a
package, and you could view it from the package menu.

Tom