About CVS

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: About CVS
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 17:14:44 +0800

Hi list,

I'm reading the Cederqvist[1] now.  Because there are much code in VC
related to CVS, I think learing CVS can help me understand VC.  I have
many questions about CVS now and I want to ask for help.  I asked Stefan
(privately), and he suggested me asking my questions on emacs-devel
where many of you still remember when you used CVS for Emacs because
info-cvs does not seem to be active.

I know that "it is sort of flattering that people think emacs-devel can
fix every problem in the known universe", and I'll try my best solving
problems myself.  Here's the first question:

In 2.2.1 (http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.23/cvs_2.html#SEC12) of
the manual, it says "the name of the history file is the name of the
corresponding file with `,v' appended to the end".  But I found no `,v'
file in my checkout of Emacs web pages repository.  Can anyone point me
in the right direction?  Thank you very much.

FYI:
I checked out the repo using:
  cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/emacs co emacs
And I'm using CVS 1.12.13.