Re: opaque data types

From: Christopher Schmidt
Subject: Re: opaque data types
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 16:44:18 +0100 (BST)

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
> To store passwords and other sensitive data in a way so they are not
> trivial to extract.  We've had some previous emacs-devel discussions
> about this.

Can you please point me to the discussion?

Considering we are talking about a regular userspace application with no
distributed components I do not see any advantage at all by encrypting
passwords in memory.  How does interposing a function to extract
passwords from a new inbuild type increase security at all?  Who's
your attacker anyway?

        Christopher