Re: Some comments on the MSYS-based build

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some comments on the MSYS-based build
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 11:34:50 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 20:01:59 +0200
>
> /nt/INSTALL.MSYS says
>
> "A nice GUI installer, called mingw-get,"
>
> mingw-get has no GUI yet. It is a planned feature. However,
> mingw-get-inst (confusing, uh?) is a GUI front-end that invokes
> mingw-get for MinGW/MSYS installation. It onlyl supports the most
> essential packages, though. The URL for mingw-get-inst is:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/mingw-get-inst/

I removed the "GUI" part.

> /nt/INSTALL.MSYS says that mingw-developer-toolkit and msys-automake
> should be installed. The mingw-get XML file for mingw-developer-toolkit
> says that it includes mingw-automake and the XML file for msys-automake
> says:
>
>         <paragraph>This msys port of automake has been modified specifically
> for
>           the MSYS System Builder (msys-dvlpr) environment; that is, it is
>           intended to be used only when producing binary packages for the MSYS
>           subsystem.  If you intend to produce executables for the native
>           "mingw32" subsystem (that is, applications that should work on
>           Microsoft Windows installations without the MSYS dll), then you
> should
>           install the mingw32-automake-*, and/or the mingw32-automake1.NN-*
>           packages instead.
>
> so it seems that msys-automake is unnecesary.

I removed that.  What about autoconf, does it get installed by other
packages, or does it need to be installed separately?  If the latter,
I think the only alternative is the one I provided on sourceforge, is
that right?

I also added a pointer to --enable-locallisppath switch.

Thanks.