Re: [RFC] Added an option to store content of the *scratch* buffer in a

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: [RFC] Added an option to store content of the *scratch* buffer in a file.
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 08:59:06 -0400

On Wed,  5 Jun 2013 23:00:40 +0200 Michal Nazarewicz <address@hidden> wrote:

MN>  I've been using this functionality for years now and, in my opinion,
MN>  it's absolutely awesome.  It makes *scratch* to extremely useful
MN>  buffer indeed!

MN>  I haven't tested this patch extensively yet (since I've been using
MN>  a simpler version of the code[1]), so at this point I'm just asking
MN>  for feedback.  If you guys are interested in this, I'll test the code
MN>  properly and send another version at later date.

I like it!

I would make the parameter accept a string (a file name) instead of
'file:

nil => old default behavior
t => concat(emacs-directory "scratch")
"filename" => use that file

That way I can save my scratch buffer in a custom directory (something
available over the network for instance).

MN>  PS. I hope you don't mind I'm using git to send the patch.

It's readable for me.

Ted