Re: Posix build on Windows: parallel `make' broken

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Posix build on Windows: parallel `make' broken
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 20:22:46 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> It also hangs here, both with Emacs and with an unrelated project. Maybe
>> the problem is MSYS.
>
> Could be.  Perhaps ask a question om the MinGW mailing list, maybe
> someone there will know something.
>
> FWIW, I'm still using MSYS v1.0.17-1, and don't have any problems on 2
> different machines (XP and Windows 7).  I didn't upgrade to 1.0.18,
> and don't plan to any time soon, as what I have now has proven to be
> very stable for many moons.  So perhaps try to downgrade to the
> version I use and see if that helps.
>
> Do you happen to know which packages exactly were updated, or can find
> that out?

I don't know the details (is there a log anywhere?) but mingw-get
upgraded lots of packages including MSYS itself.

It seems that MSYS is the culprit, because after putting make.exe
3.82.90 into an ancient MSYS 1.0.11 install (plus msys-iconv-2.dll and
msys-intl-8.dll which make depends on) parallel builds work.