diary-arch.el - Archive/Delete diary entries by last applicable date and

From: Andreas Merziger
Subject: diary-arch.el - Archive/Delete diary entries by last applicable date and/or contents
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 20:16:01 +0200

Hi,

after some time of extensive use of Edward M. Reingold's great calendar
and diary I observed a measurable slow-down of the diary display on my
600 MHz machine which resulted from the fact that the diary file simply
has grown too large over time.
Inspecting the entries, one by one for candidates to delete or to move to
an archive file turned out to be a tedious task...
So I started to write some code for never having to do this by hand again.
If this should be of general interest, please let me know.