Re: GnuTLS updates proposal

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: GnuTLS updates proposal
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 03:10:36 -0400

> Correction: they think that the current arrangement, whereby users are
> pointed to specific distributions of GnuTLS and other 3rd party
> packages, are adequate enough, and any additional effort is something
> the Emacs developers are unlikely to be able to sustain.

I sure won't spend any time on this, indeed, and I hope you don't
either.  But I guess if someone wants to provide some Elisp code that
eases up the installation (taking care of downloading the right DLL
(which I guess might depend on the Emacs version and even the specific
build) and installing it at the right place), that would be OK and could
very well fit in GNU ELPA (I don't think I'd want the DLL itself to be
there).  Hopefully such code would handle not just gnutls but also the
other libraries, like libxml.

        Stefan