Re: font-lock-syntactic-keywords: evaluating arbitrary elisp inside matc

From: immerrr again
Subject: Re: font-lock-syntactic-keywords: evaluating arbitrary elisp inside matchers?
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:48:59 +0400

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> -- Stefan

Hi Stefan

Wanted to say thanks once again for the help.

I've finally found the time to try out your suggestion and it worked
as a charm [1]. Although, the similarity is not immediately obvious,
because I couldn't resist to (cl-prettyexpand ...) the
syntax-propertize-rules macro and tailor the expansion to my liking.
The only drawback was that it only worked for Emacs24, so I had to
backport basically the same functionality via
font-lock-syntactic-keywords [2]. And this implementation, admittedly
slower than syntax-propertize-based one, is probably the answer to my
original question.

Cheers,
immerrr

1.