Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/emacs-24 r111150: Merge Org (commit c8c217)

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/emacs-24 r111150: Merge Org (commit c8c217)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 22:13:36 +0100

Glenn Morris writes:
> These changes don't seem to fix bugs and serve no purpose for the Org
> mode that is distributed _with Emacs itself_.

If you could say that these don't seem to have bug reports from users
that would be more agreeable to me.  They were all uncovered during
testing.

> The only thing these could possibly do at this stage is
> (inadvertently) introduce bugs in Emacs 24.3.  I'm not saying to
> remove the changes, just commenting that this is not compatible with
> the emacs-24 policy.

The fixes were done after asking whether they should be fixed and only
those few were done in maint (the branch that now merged into emacs-24)
that originated there.  If that's a problem we'd need to open a third
branch specifically for the Emacs merge when that time comes around next
time (and maybe back them out in emacs-24).

Regards,
Achim.