GNU ELPA visibility

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: GNU ELPA visibility
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:30:47 -0400

When looking for an Elisp package or feature, most people reach for
their browser before reaching for M-x list-packages.
But packages distributed via GNU ELPA won't show up because they're not
visible to search engines.

So I think we should setup some GNU ELPA web-site that lists the
packages and where each package gets a web page which would be the
canonical web page for that package (so people can link to it from, say,
emacswiki) describing it (its README or "Commentary:") plus a link to
its repository.

        Stefan