random doesn't feel very random

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: random doesn't feel very random
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 07:47:29 +0200

I am using random for generating music play list. I have found that it
is not random enough. It keeps playing the same tracks.

I have even wrote a cache of recently played tracks so that it tries
harder. Obviously it's a band aid.

Yes I am just talking about "feeling" here. I don't know how to prove
that random does not work. Is it even possible?

On a side note are we using /dev/random?
--
Ivan Kanis
http://ivan.kanis.fr

Wisdom denotes the pursuing of the best ends by the best means.
    -- Francis Hutcheson

I am listening to "Captain Beefheart - Im Gonna Booglarize You Baby".