Re: Git to Bzr - what works?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Git to Bzr - what works?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:45:43 -0400

>  . When you have changes in the bzr repo:
>     . "bzr pull" from the git repo to the bzr branch created above

But his Git repository is the result of a "Bzr->Git" conversion.
So we'd get here a "Bzr->Git->Bzr" conversion.  I strongly suspect that
it is not an identity and that all the revids will be different.

>     . "bzr merge" to another bzr branch that tracks the Emacs trunk

If indeed all the revids are different, this will either complain that
there's no common ancestor (best case) or find some distant ancestor and
pretty much double the size of the repository with a new copy of the
whole history.

This said, I don't understand the problem discussed here.
Isn't "git-bzr" bidirectional (i.e. you can "git push" onto the Bzr
repository)?

        Stefan