Re: Interpretation of a space in regexp isearch?

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Interpretation of a space in regexp isearch?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:11:47 +0200

>>> FWIW, I've long been of the opinion that this feature is exactly
>>> backward.  The `search-whitespace-regexp' whitespace matching feature
>>> should apply to ordinary incremental search, and it should *not* apply
>>> to regexp incremental search.
>>
>> I think that would make more sense, too.
>
> My opinion too.

+1

IMO, that feature is what the user usually wants in an ordinary search
(regardless it's incremental or not; even if that search is part of a
ordinary replace command).

On the other and, in a rexexp search (or regexp search&replace) I
think that the common case is the opposite: the user normally doesn't
want that feature.

So, what about making that feature optional for these two scenarios?
("on" by default in the regexp case and "off" by default in the normal
case).

--
Dani Moncayo